A few weeks ago, I had the awesome opportunity to shoot for Foxblossom Co, a local women’s apparel start up founded & run by the amazing Amanda Deighan. Amanda started Foxblossom in 2012 (Formerly Hello Drmr!) & ran it from her living room making the adorable bridal hangers you see all over Pinterest. Since then the business grew to include a variety of trendy bridal related products.
Recently, Foxblossom underwent a rebranding process and launched 50+ new products for spring of 2016! All of the clothes are unspeakably soft and comfortable. I could not choose a better brand to represent! The ladies behind the brand are amazing. If you haven’t yet, you need to check out this incredible e-boutique.
Okay, so this is my very first attempt at blogging for bare with me. Towards the end of 2015, my boyfriend and I bought our first house. Since then, I have been obsessed with all things interior design. I have fallen totally in love with Nordic and Scandinavian inspired designs. I saw a photo of this incredible coat rack constructed from repurposed tree branches. My little blue house is totally surrounded by trees so this was the perfect DIY for me to get my feet wet.
Here’s what you’ll need:
I chose to include 9 different sticks of all sizes and shapes in my “phase one” line up. It is important to make sure that most of the sticks have little Y shape to them so that there is place to hang coats and hats once it is all put together. We walked through the entire wooded area alongside our home to find perfect candidates.
Next it was time to line them all up and decide what size I wanted them to be. I chose to measure mine at 11 inches because I wanted to leave about half an inch on either side for the frame to make the total height of the rack 12 inches.
Joe (My boyfriend) went to home depot while I was at work one day and bought the framing for the rack. I spray painted the frame black, like my heart. Lol KIDDING!
Okay, now the fun part: Putting it all together. We lined up the sticks to first see how it would all look together. We spaced the larger branches pretty evenly throughout, and then went back to fill in empty space with smaller branches. I made sure to stagger the hooks so that they were not all lined up with each other. I paid close attention to color making sure that the colors of the wood flowed nicely.
We ran into a small snag where some of our branches were cut a tiny bit too short to fit in the frame we built… Oh well! We just picked more branches out of the yard and cut them to size. :)
Once all the branches were screwed into the frame, we used a vine-type branch to decorate the left side and a smaller branch to balance out the right side. All in all, this project cost us about $7. It was a ton of fun being able to make something for our home together! All of our guests so far have complimented the piece, and it has definitely been a rewarding experience. We can't wait to get started on our next DIY project together!
Comment below and let me know what you think, any questions you have or just to say hi!
This is my personal blog where I share what I'm currently working on or thinking about. I write here about random things; things I like, things I don't like, what I'm doing, why I do it, what worked, what didn't work.